Brick Installation tips
Determine which side of the brick should face out vs. face in
- For a more textured look - be sure the sawn side (smooth side) affixes to the surface and the textured or fired clay side will face out
- Used bricks will have unique surfaces, like mortar or paint
- Decide if you want a more textured look or variegated color look
Wash The Brick on Both Sides Before Installing
- Even though they go through a rinsing after cutting there is always some dust left on the brick
For a Blended Look, Always Pull Bricks From Different Sleeves or Pallets
Lay Out The Brick On The Floor in The Pattern You Would Like To See The Colors Blended When Installed
Use Broken Bricks For Your End Cuts/Corners
- With used brick you will always receive a few broken pieces but we always add extra to ensure you have enough. The broken brick is still usable.
Your Question Not Here?
Check Out Some More Frequently Asked Questions
About Thin Brick & Thin Stone
We get the order ready crate it and usually ship by LTL (less than Truckload) with a lift gate so they can unload your pallets on site with a pallet jack. The freight company will call you to schedule a delivery time. Once the pallets leave our yard we have no control when the delivery will take place.
Yes it is impossible to ship thin brick with out some getting broken or chipped. Especially on used reclaimed brick. These brick are still useable. Meaning they can be used for your end cuts or trim areas leaving your full brick in tack. We also always add extra to every shipment to cover the breakage. If the shipment looks to be completely damaged from shipping do not accept the order take photos and notify us immediately.
Measure the height x width, subtract any openings this will give you a square footage total x by the brick per square foot.
Watch several videos online (“google thin brick installation”) each video you watch has great suggestions and different tips to make your DIY project fun and easy. Or consult a professional tile installer or Brick Mason to do the install.